Giving Up

Talk about getting nowhere fast. I’ve been running around in circles for nearly six months investigating our military orders coming from overseas. No one working for US Government agencies that I contacted has given me a straight answer concerning whether or not we are allowed under federal law to assemble and test US military orders in Malaysia. Complicating matters further, the company website that hosts all of our GSA contracts with the Government hasn’t been updated since August. Most of those GSA contracts expired during the month of August and without current versions I have no idea if Malaysia has been cleared for military work or not. Existing documents don’t mention Malaysia at all and Singapore is still the only approved site in Asia for sensitive customer orders.

I have successfully spied for months on our Malaysia instrument production remotely thanks to a few Stateside employees who gave me their database account logins. I can say with certainty that we are in fact building and testing many US military orders in the Malay division far in excess of an alleged 49% limit on manufacturing imposed there. The remaining 51% of each instrument must be completed in Singapore. What actually happens is nearly 100% of every box we produce in Asia is manufactured in Malaysia. Then it is shipped to Singapore where workers there alter instrument serial numbers to make them look like they are Singapore-built units. I’m convinced we are breaking the law but without a proper legal framework or documentation stating what the law actually is, I have no grounds to make an accusation against this company.

My experiences with US Government employees regarding this issue have been totally negative. None of them had any worthwhile information to provide me with or showed any interest. It has been a real eye-opener for me as to how dysfunctional and broken the Government appears to be. I’m amazed anything gets done at all in this country with clowns like that running things. At this point since none of those Government employees give a shit about military rated orders being produced in a country that should be off-limits I guess I won’t give a shit about it either. Fuck it. I’m tired of wasting my time trying to do something about it.

Advertisements

~ by factorypeasant on November 7, 2006.

2 Responses to “Giving Up”

  1. Well, then how about a letter to the editor?

  2. it’s too late for that.–>

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: